From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: strange commit last night
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 15:49:34 GMT
John,

I've been following this pattern when doing a push:

# git pull origin master
# git pull --rebase
# git push origin master

-chip

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
> Guys - just noticed something strange happened with a commit last night where I added
my PGP key to the KEYS fileā€¦

> (going into details in case this happens to others)
> After adding my key and double-checking things, I committed the change but ran into ASF
password issues while trying to do the push to master. During the debugging of that I modified
.git/config, thinking I had a problem with trying to push to a read-only repo URL.  When I
got home later last night I realized it was password-related and pushed the changes out.

> Looking at cloudstack-commits@ this morning, I see git turned the push into 2 commits
- the KEYS file and a "merge" to master, which I think is the result of the repo URL getting
tweaked. Two commits/pushes happened since I had committed my KEYS change, but git didn't
ask me to pull down those changes before doing the push, as it usually does.(lesson learned:
always do git pull before git push) It looks like no files were modified by the merge, other
than git metadata.