From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] CloudStack architecture to a loosely-coupled component oriented distributed architecture
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:55:50 GMT
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> http://www.cloudscaling.com/blog/cloud-computing/simplicity-scales-an-
>> alternative-approach-to-openstack-nova-rpc-messaging/
>>
>> Zeromq seems good.
>> >

> I like 0mq as well but it's LGPL.  I've been reading up on the whole apache compatibility
license thing and there doesn't seem to be a way around it.  It has to be optional component.

> So I believe this is crucial.  The underlying messaging infrastructure should be switchable
then people can use whatever they want, including 0mq.  So to discuss what the underlying
mechanism is right now is beside the point.  First Murali and Kelven needs to develop their
respective abstraction layer.

> --Alex

+1 - We can get to the "out of the box" messaging system selection
after understanding the abstractions and logical relationships (if
there are any in the end).