From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject [ASFCS40] License header update for Thursday August 9
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:12:04 GMT
I'm later than normal today, sorry about that.  Lots of meetings this
morning.  Keep in mind that this list is for source files only, and
doesn't represent the outstanding issues with binary dependencies.

Specific individuals that have open questions to them below:  Alex,
Prachi, Frank, Ewan

Updated RAT report:
https://github.com/chipchilders/asf_cloudstack_RAT_results/blob/master/_all.txt?raw=true

Outstanding Issues:

  awsapi/.classpath
  utils/.classpath
    Alex, can you please correct these files?  The headers were
removed by a commit you made yesterday.

  setup/.classpath
    I added this file via a patch from the community, and forgot to
check / add the header.  I'll correct today.

  EC2 WSDL files:
    Prachi, can you remove these 2 as well?
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/AmazonEC2.wsdl
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/resource/AmazonEC2/services.xml

  JQuery, FLOT, QUnit:
    We need to include the various JQuery components in the
appropriate top level LICENSE and NOTICE files.  I own this still (did
not complete yesterday):
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/js/jquery.js
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/jquery*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/flot/*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/jquery-ui/*
    incubator-cloudstack/ui/lib/qunit/*

  Documentation folder:
    Joe's making great progress on this folder.  Thanks Joe!
    incubator-cloudstack/docs/*

  Patches folder:
    There is an ongoing thread about this topic, with David driving it.
    incubator-cloudstack/patches/systemvm/debian/*

  XenServerJava:
    Ewan noted that the Citrix team is currently working to get this
re-licensed.  Alex confirmed that Ewan is working on this. Ewan - any
update on progress?
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/XenServerJava/GPL-2
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/XenServerJava/Makefile

  Patches in the OVM folder:
    Pending Frank.  Any updates Frank?:
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/Fixget_storage_reposExceptionDueToWrongReturnValueCheck.patch
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/OvmDontTouchOCFS2ClusterWhenAgentStart.patch
    incubator-cloudstack/plugins/hypervisors/ovm/scripts/vm/hypervisor/ovm/OvmPatch.patch

Known Exceptions (items that we know can't have a license header, and
don't need one):

  Deb files:
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/packages/config/debian/control
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/packages/config/debian/rules
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/compat
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/control
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/dirs
    incubator-cloudstack/debian/rules

  Certificates and keys:
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/localhost.crt
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/localhost.key
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.crt
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.csr
    incubator-cloudstack/console-proxy/certs/realhostip.key
    incubator-cloudstack/scripts/vm/systemvm/id_rsa.cloud

  WAF scripts:
    Added to the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
    incubator-cloudstack/waf
    incubator-cloudstack/awsapi/waf

  SLF4J:
    This is listed in the NOTICE and LICENSE files.
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/awsapi-lib/rampart-lib/slf4j-api-LICENSE.txt
    incubator-cloudstack/deps/awsapi-lib/rampart-lib/slf4j-jdk14-LICENSE.txt

-chip