From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: 3P removal status
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:44:37 GMT
Pradeep,

Thanks for forwarding this!

I'm struggling a bit to sort out the actual status though.  Would you
mind summarizing a list of current state within master with something
like:  [package] - [status] ?  Alternately, can you update the wiki
page [1] with the latest status?

It would help a bunch to know where things stand in summary.

-chip

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Moving+dependencies+to+ASF+approved+licenses

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Pradeep Soundararajan
<pradeep.soundararajan@citrix.com> wrote:

> [...]
from build-cloud.xml.  I think we have to remove that one as well since we are already calling
them in build-cloud-plugins.xml.  My build got succeeded after I have removed that one from
build-cloud.xml.

> After that single change and from the current HEAD of ASF master,  I am able to perform
"ant build-all" without vmware*.jar and libvirt*.jar.

> I think we have to take David's help here to remove those Jars from deps/ directory,
I hope he might have the steps right now on how to call those jars based on the need.

Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com<mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com>>, David Nalley
<David.Nalley@citrix.com<mailto:David.Nalley@citrix.com>>, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>,
Rajesh Battala <rajesh.battala@citrix.com<mailto:rajesh.battala@citrix.com>>,
Kelven Yang <kelven.yang@citrix.com<mailto:kelven.yang@citrix.com>>
Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com<mailto:Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com>>, Sudha
Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com<mailto:sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com>>,
Ram Chinta <ram.chinta@citrix.com<mailto:ram.chinta@citrix.com>>
> Subject: RE: 3P removal status
>
> I will confirm once you are done with the changes in ASF master. And also once Kelven
move the vmware-base to plugins directory as specified.

> Thanks,
> Pradeep.S

the plug-ins which David pointed out some time back in the ML. These needs to be removed.
I will fix this in the ASF master. Mean while if you want to try please remove red marked
targets.

>  <target name="build-opensource" depends="-init, build-server, build-agent, build-scripts,
build-ui, build-console-proxy, build-ovm, build-vmware, package-oss-systemvm-iso, build-netscaler,
build-f5, build-srx, build-dp-user-dispersing, build-dp-user-concentrated-pod, build-host-allocator-random,
build-user-authenticator-ldap">

> Kelven,
>
> I did not move vmware-base into plug-ins/hypervisor/vmware folder as you mentioned its
utility library. I did not know right place for it so left as it so. Can you please take care
of moving vmware-base to appropriate place.

> Thanks
> Murali
>
> From: Pradeep Soundararajan <pradeep.soundararajan@citrix.com<mailto:pradeep.soundararajan@citrix.com>>
> To: Murali Reddy <murali.reddy@citrix.com<mailto:murali.reddy@citrix.com>>,
Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com<mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com>>, David Nalley
<David.Nalley@citrix.com<mailto:David.Nalley@citrix.com>>, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>,
Rajesh Battala <rajesh.battala@citrix.com<mailto:rajesh.battala@citrix.com>>
> Cc: Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com<mailto:Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com>>,
Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com<mailto:Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com>>, Sudha
Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com<mailto:sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com>>,
Ram Chinta <ram.chinta@citrix.com<mailto:ram.chinta@citrix.com>>
> Subject: RE: 3P removal status
>
> Thanks Murali for the comments.
>
> I see that you and Edison have done the changes directly to ASF master.  Do we have to
remove them from build-cloud.xml as well since I am seeing it is trying to build kvm/vmware
from there as well?.

> Also, there are vmware, libvirt jars and vmware-base directory still present.  Are we
going to remove those as well from ASF master?

> I feel, you have moved them as a separate plugin but we did not resolve the actual problem.
We have to remove all the vmware and libvirt related dependencies from the entire ASF master.
 When I do "ant build-all" from ASF master it should not build vmware and kvm, it should build
only when I turn on the same from build-cloud-plugin.xml as you have specified.  Please correct
me if I am wrong.

> Thanks,
> Pradeep.S

targets please remove 'build-kvm'/'compile-kvm' respectively to turn off KVM.

Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com<mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com>>, Kevin Kluge
<Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com<mailto:Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com>>, David Nalley <David.Nalley@citrix.com<mailto:David.Nalley@citrix.com>>,
Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>, Rajesh Battala
<rajesh.battala@citrix.com<mailto:rajesh.battala@citrix.com>>
> Cc: Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com<mailto:Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com>>,
Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com<mailto:sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com>>,
Ram Chinta <ram.chinta@citrix.com<mailto:ram.chinta@citrix.com>>
> Subject: Re: 3P removal status
>
> In the build-cloud-plugins.xml file, from the 'build-hypervisors/'compile-hypervisors'
targets please remove 'build-vmware'/'compile-vmware' respectively to turn off Vmware.

Murali Reddy <murali.reddy@citrix.com<mailto:murali.reddy@citrix.com>>, Edison