From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Binaries (jars) in our source tree/source releases.
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:23:35 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:55 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<HTrippaers@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Good to see action on this, we've been discussing this for a long time and I think we
need to get moving. At least on the "building jars" front we seem to be narrowing down to
two contenders maven and grade. Darren is doing the maven thing and I've pushed to gradle
build script to the gradle branch in the ASF repo. (@Darren, feel free to have a look at it,
all the dependencies are in there including version numbers in maven format, might save you
some work)

> I propose we put it into a vote when Darren is ready and we can do a side-by-side comparison
of gradle versus maven?

+1

Darren, how much time do you think you would need to get something
ready for review?

> Next up would be the rpms/deb/snowballs  packaging method, but that is for later and
I think both maven and grade are not ideal choices for this. I'd rather see something as simple
as fpm in there. But that a discussion for another day ;-)