From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ASF40] What should cloud-setup-agent do?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 23:38:36 GMT
Cloud-setup-agent will be optional during the KVM setup in the future(after 4.0?), I'd like
to remove the TCP connection between cloud-agent and mgt server also.
KVM setup will be like this:
1. Admin installs KVM and cloud-agent RPMs.
2. Either configure the KVM host by admins themselves(assuming they are the domain experts),
or using cloud-setup-agent(for ordinary users).
3. start cloud-agent, which will start a web server, listening on the mgt network.
4. Adding above host from mgt server UI. Mgt server will call cloud-agent web server though
restful API.

So the agent will become stateless, all the configuration information(e.g. the public/private/guest
network information) will be passed down by mgt server during the handshake between agent
and mgt server.

Does it make sense? Comments?