From "Kelceydamage@bbits" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:26:07 GMT
I really dig the minimalist navigation pane in the demo, but the 3D is kinda odd.

Nice soft black.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 22, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> On 08/22/2012 07:46 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> Sonny,
>>
>> The 3-D effect is actually kind of jarring.  Using that daily would
>> probably cause some frustration.
>>
>> Personally, I'm a fan of minimal animation...  and when it does exist,
>> for it to be fast and visually meaningful.
>>

> I agree. Ever tried to use the current 3.X skin on a tablet like a Galaxy Tab 10.1? It's
slow.

> I'm personally not a big fan of all the fancy UI stuff, it makes stuff much harder to
navigate through.

> Tablets are becoming more and more used, admins and users will use those to do basic
stuff like stopping and starting instances or checking the health of their cloud.

> Yes, we could make apps, but this basic stuff should also work through a regular webbrowser.
>
> I know this is a preview, but on my 8-core 3.6Ghz desktop with Firefox 12 it works sluggish.
>
> I'd vote for keeping all the fancy stuff away or making it optional.
>
> Wido
>
>> -chip
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> I personally would like it if the navigation would just slide out.  The 3d stuff
although is "cool", doesn't seem to add anything useful in terms of UX.  In fact, I would
argue it makes it slightly less useful because the text become blurry.

>>> Also, I assume this required HTML5 and building something like this prevents
users of older browsers the ability to use this unless you plan on having supporting multiple
navigation models.