From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: RPM / DEB repository
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:09:20 GMT
I would second this.  It would be great if you could add a repo to your server and then run
(RHEL) yum install cloudstack, or yum upgrade cloudstack.

On Aug 24, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While working on the documentation I'm figured it would be nice if we would have a RPM
/ DEB repository.

> The CloudStack packages depend on a lot of external packages and if admins would install
using yum or apt these dependencies would be resolved automatically.

> For example:
>
> $ echo "deb http://dl.cloudstack.org/debian 4.0" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cs.list
> $ apt-get update
> $ apt-get install cloud-agent
>
> This is a Ubuntu example, but the same goes for RHEL.
>
> We would however need to host binary packages, are we allowed to do so on the ASF infra?
>
> Otherwise I'm volunteering to provide space for this mirror.
>
> It would really simplify a lot of things if we could have such a repository instead of
having admins download all the seperate RPM or DEB packages manually.

> I'm trying to get rid of:
>
> $ tar xzf cloudstack-4.0.tar.gz
> $ cd cloudstack-4.0
> $ ./install.sh
>
> Such install scripts do all kinds of "black magic" which the admin knows nothing about.
I'm documenting all the steps an admin has to take to prepare, install and configure the management
server and agent on RHEL (CentOS) or Ubuntu.