From Jie Feng <Jie.F...@citrix.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] CloudStack Marketplace
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:41:20 GMT
In continuation to the discussion [1] and taken feedback from community members, I am proposing
a new component under Apache CloudStack, called CloudStack Marketplace [2].
Per John and Chiradeep's suggestion, the Marketplace client piece is installed with CloudStack,
and it pulls listings from listing repository URLs. Multiple listing repository URLs are supported,
so that vendors (sellers) have the flexibility to contribute to either the Apache listing
repository or a third party one (which does not require signing of Apache CLA).
I am calling it "Marketplace" tentatively in search for a final name. There is no intention
for this component to handle transaction or billing. Some other names I found online are:
app store, app library, app catalog. The name will likely be reflected in the UI. Ideally,
the name should be most suitable for version 1.0 and is future proof. Any other ideas? What's
your preference and why?
[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201207.mbox/%3C7A92FF96DF135843B4B608FB576BFC3E012D9C32499F@SJCPMAILBOX01.citrite.net%3E
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Marketplace+Proposal
Please comment.