From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:50:42 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Chip. It seems that the sliding navigation may be the better route
in this case. We may have the same slide down effect in another iteration of the notification
as most people seem to miss the counter.

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:46 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Navigation concept

Sonny,

The 3-D effect is actually kind of jarring.  Using that daily would probably cause some frustration.

Personally, I'm a fan of minimal animation...  and when it does exist, for it to be fast and
visually meaningful.

-chip

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
> I personally would like it if the navigation would just slide out.  The 3d stuff although
is "cool", doesn't seem to add anything useful in terms of UX.  In fact, I would argue it
makes it slightly less useful because the text become blurry.

> Also, I assume this required HTML5 and building something like this prevents users of
older browsers the ability to use this unless you plan on having supporting multiple navigation
models.