From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:10:14 GMT
Hi Sonny ,

This seems to be a really good idea. However , I have something to suggest  . How about the
following -

When you navigate to the left hand side for the menu -items to appear  (when the cube rolls)
, why not have the tree structure view also for the tabs ( infrastructure , network etc. )
, like it used to be there in the prior  versions of CloudStack UI.

This would give the user some kind of flexibility to either use the breadcrumbs or the tree
structure  (minimizes clicks  as well  + denotes the hierarchy as well ) to navigate to which
ever place he wants to.

Please , let me know , how feasible and practical this idea would be.

Thanks & Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonny Chhen [mailto:Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:14 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: UI: Navigation concept

Hello All,

In an effort to gain more screen real estate, a few front-end developers and I have been playing
around with changing the navigation and are researching a few things like max and min width
in the css. Below is a link to a sample of a "3d cubed" based navigation. Would love to hear
thoughts regarding this idea. We are still working on some of the more requested items in
the feedback(too many clicks, easier accessibility, etc...) but are taking things step by
step.

http://www.schhen.com/citrix/demos/demo5/

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA