incubator-cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Pranav Saxena <>
Subject RE: What to do with Autoscale: was: Re: [6/11] AutoScale changes in Apache master
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 12:58:12 GMT
Hi David ,

As I mentioned in my previous mail , Vijay Venkatchalam and Deepak Garg are the authors for
the backend code and me , Jessica and Sanjay have been responsible for the UI development
for this feature. Vijay  has sent out a mail to the cloudstack dev community regarding the
" Autoscale" feature. I think you happened to miss the mails sent by Vijay and Deepak in this
regard. And whatever code has been merged later on after the creation of the asf/autoscale
branch has been sent through review requests on the dev ML. 

Kindly have a look at the mails sent by Vijay and let me know whatever decisions I have to
abide by . I will be more than happy to follow your advice.

Thanks & Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [] 
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 5:46 PM
To: Pranav Saxena
Cc:; Vijay Venkatachalam; Alena Prokharchyk; Deepak Garg
Subject: What to do with Autoscale: was: Re: [6/11] AutoScale changes in Apache master

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Pranav Saxena <> wrote:
> Hi David,
> This commit was based on addition of a new feature called AutoScale on which few guys
from  Bangalore have been working on , including me . Since this feature was supposed to be
pushed in today y , so we had to create a new branch asf/autoscale ( pulled out  of 3.0.x
- citrix private branch ) and push the changes there. This was as per Alena's request that
I should proceed by pushing the changes for the Autoscale feature (since I am the only committer
here in Bangalore)  by creating a new branch on apache and the author( Vijay ) would send
out an email on the cloudstack dev list , mentioning about the Autoscale feature. We'll be
merging some more changes very soon.
> @Vijay - could you please elaborate on the Autoscale feature ?
> Thanks & Regards,
> Pranav

Pranav, et al.

This is still problematic. For the time being, lets hold off on additional commits to this
branch till we get some of the process and IP issues sorted.

First, who are the authors for the code that's been committed to this branch, you mention
'a few guys in BLR', but who are they specifically?

Second, as a group the project needs to decide if we want to include this feature, and if
so, how we will handle inclusion. (There are a number of potential options here, the PPMC
could send it through IP Clearance at the Incubator, or a Software Grant, or something more
simple.) Don't be surprised if this involves deleting the branch or reverting the commits
and handling submission in some other manner.


View raw message