From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: About global configuration 'encoding.api.response'
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 11:36:25 GMT
Hi Mice ,

I am not sure , if the global configuration parameter could be removed from the UI but I happened
to come across this bug -

http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-9697

Perhaps this might give you a brief idea about it.

Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Mice Xia [mailto:mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 10:15 AM
To: CloudStack DeveloperList
Subject: About global configuration 'encoding.api.response'

Hi, folks,

I noticed there is a global configuration ‘encode.api.response’ with default value ‘false’,
its description says it’s about UTF-8 encoding.

But configuring it to ‘true’ does not change the encoding of response, it actually does
a URLEncode, like replacing space with %20;

And XML response header is hardcoded with ISO-8859-1, which has nothing to do with this global
configuration.

I wonder if there is any history of this global configuration, its description is ambiguous,
can it be safely removed or hidden from UI?

Regards

Mice