From Kevin <spam4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UI: Too many Clicks(aargh)
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 00:45:45 GMT
Not sure about everyone else but for me it is frustrating having to drill down to system vm's
and pod settings. I imagine my need to be in that area of the UI will diminish after settling
on a final CS configuration.

But in the meantime when, checking my firewall settings, checking if the console to system
VM's is working, confirming all the nics on the system VM's are on the right network definitions
is a painful thing. Each time I tweak a CS setting that requires a CS service restart on mgmt
server I have to re-login and drill down again.

Kevin F.

Sent from my phone

On Aug 30, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> In an effort to improve upon the user experience of CloudStack I wanted to tackle the
most talked about issue we've heard about in the ui, too many clicks. With that in mind, I
wanted to ask where you guys are going within the ui that causes this issue. Is it from 1
destination point to more information(i.e. dashboard ->instances->instances details{stance
detail tabs}) or is it from section to action(i.e.  infrastructure->zone->select zone->network
tab->select network->network config).

> We reworked the Infrastructure page for global access to all parts as opposed to the
original version when it was just statistics of a zone. With the example I sent out a few
days ago(see link below), we also want to add a quickview with possible navigation options
to a new table design. Your feedback will help us determine where we should be navigating
to in this new view and where we can also make adjustments.