From Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mel...@eu.citrix.com>
Subject RE: Binary dependencies
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 23:20:11 GMT

JavaMail uses just CDDL for the binary distributions.   The dual GPL/CDDL license is for the
source distribution.  See http://kenai.com/projects/javamail/forums/forum/topics/604-JavaMail-licensing.

It looks like JUnit is CPL-licensed.  I think the license file in that download is referring
to the hamcrest library specifically, not JUnit (it has a hamcrest copyright statement).
That's obviously very confusing.

I think in the general case we would expect the download itself to be definitive, but if we've
got known conflicts we probably need to go back to the author if we can't figure it out for
ourselves.

Cheers,

Ewan.