From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: cloudstack eth0
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:51:25 GMT
On 08/24/2012 01:36 AM, Gautam Sampathkumar wrote:
> No, we are not running cloud-setup-agent manually. I believe when we set up
> things on the management UI, it kicks of cloud-setup-agent
> programmatically. We'd like to identify the piece of code that takes over
> eth0 and disable it if possible. cloud_utils.py has some code that did this
> (there's a part that sets up a bridge and makes the default interface a
> member), but removing that code seems to have had no effect.

The piece of code is in agent/bindir/cloud-setup-agent and in
python/lib/cloudutils/serviceConfig.py

However, you can also manually populate a /etc/cloud/agent.properties
like this:

guest.network.device=vlanbr672
workers=5
private.network.device=vlanbr670
port=8250
resource=com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource
pod=1
vm.migrate.speed=0
zone=1
guid=<GENERATE UUID>
cluster=1
public.network.device=vlanbr672
local.storage.uuid=<GENERATE UUID>
domr.scripts.dir=scripts/network/domr/kvm
host=192.168.0.1

That should be enough and the Agent will now register with the
management server and show up there.

Wido