From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:18:12 GMT

On 08/22/2012 07:46 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> Sonny,
>
> The 3-D effect is actually kind of jarring.  Using that daily would
> probably cause some frustration.
>
> Personally, I'm a fan of minimal animation...  and when it does exist,
> for it to be fast and visually meaningful.

I agree. Ever tried to use the current 3.X skin on a tablet like a
Galaxy Tab 10.1? It's slow.

I'm personally not a big fan of all the fancy UI stuff, it makes stuff
much harder to navigate through.

Tablets are becoming more and more used, admins and users will use those
to do basic stuff like stopping and starting instances or checking the
health of their cloud.

Yes, we could make apps, but this basic stuff should also work through a
regular webbrowser.

I know this is a preview, but on my 8-core 3.6Ghz desktop with Firefox
12 it works sluggish.

I'd vote for keeping all the fancy stuff away or making it optional.

Wido

> -chip
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Will Chan <will.chan@citrix.com> wrote:
>> I personally would like it if the navigation would just slide out.  The 3d stuff
although is "cool", doesn't seem to add anything useful in terms of UX.  In fact, I would
argue it makes it slightly less useful because the text become blurry.

>> Also, I assume this required HTML5 and building something like this prevents users
of older browsers the ability to use this unless you plan on having supporting multiple navigation
models.