From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject RPM and Deb packages creation
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:49:10 GMT
Hi,

In "[DISCUSS] Please choose: The build system to use for 4.0" Mice Xia
asked:

"A quick question here, now I cannot find any ant targets for rpm/deb
creation, people have to use waf for this task. (please correct me if
I'm wrong)
I wonder if this is in the scope of build process, if not, is there any
document available?"

I figured this would be worth it's on thread.

Debian:
$ dpkg-buildpackage

Just execute this command in the root directory of the repository and it
will invoke Ant for building the JAR files and uses WAF to generate all
the artifacts.

dpkg will generate .deb files on his part.

Redhat
$ rpmbuild

Not sure, haven't really tried it.

Wido