From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: [ASFCS40] IRC Meeting for Release Tasks?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:48:43 GMT

On 08/16/2012 11:41 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 02:33:25PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> ++1. Plus, it should not become the default method for doing development.
>> If the dev list becomes simply a log of irc discussions, then this
>> needs to be shut down at once.
>
> I can understand that decision-making on IRC would be a concern, but
> we're nowhere near that point. My proposal is strictly to have IRC
> meetings as a check-in and have an opportunity to ask people questions
> in real time. The mailing list will get a full report (and log) of the
> discussion and no decisions are going to be taken in IRC.

Actually, the best idea! The amount of e-mail on this list is really
getting hard to keep up with.

If we can have a meeting which can filter out the first couple of
e-mails which are most of the time just questions about a subject, that
would be great.

The report goes on the list and people can respond, but the initial
e-mail has been polished already.

Wido