From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: KVM Agent setup/configuration
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:40:46 GMT
On 08/13/2012 06:46 AM, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:

> On 8/8/12 11:03 AM, "Wido den Hollander" <wido@widodh.nl> wrote:
>

>> On 08/08/2012 05:59 PM, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
>>> What's the process exactly when the management server adds a host?
>>> Does it ssh in run cloud-setup-agent, then start the agent? Is it
>>> viable to manage agent.properties on your own when it really needs to
>>> be in sync with what the management server (and cloud) knows about?
>>> For example you can't just change the traffic labels on the host and
>>> in its agent.properties and expect things to work, the manager is
>>> still going to want the originals.
>>>

>> If you provide the Agent a correct agent.properties you don't need to
>> run cloud-setup-agent.
>>
>> The management server indeed logs in via SSH and executes
>> cloud-setup-agent on that host.
>>
>> I think you actually can change the traffic labels on the Agent, it
>> looks up private.network.device, public and guest and uses those values.
>>
>> I however don't know how this goes with migrations, I guess not to
>> well.. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>> Wido

> Good suggestions. I suspect that some "discovered" and auto-generated
> stuff is cached in this file and should be moved to its own file?
> Is there a bug id?

Shame on me, I keep forgetting creating bugs!

Just created: http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-15969

I already did a couple of commits regarding this:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=agent%3A

I'm currently working on cloud-setup-agent and the documentation so that
this gets fixed for the 4.0 release.

Wido