From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Writing documentation, where?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 15:55:35 GMT
On 08/09/2012 03:30 PM, David Nalley wrote:
>> My first idea is to get publican actually build some docs locally..
>>
>> wido@wido-desktop:~/repos/cloudstack/docs$ publican build --formats test
>> --langs en-US --config=publican-all.cfg
>> Failed to load brand file:
>> /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/cloudstack/publican.cfg at
>> /usr/bin/publican line 647
>> wido@wido-desktop:~/repos/cloudstack/docs$
>

> The brand stuff is in publican-cloudstack.
>
> This is how the job runs on Jenkins which takes care of the brand issues:
> cp -R /usr/share/publican/Common_Content Common_Content
> cp -R docs/publican-cloudstack Common_Content/cloudstack
> (cd docs && publican build --config=publican-all.cfg --formats
> html,pdf --langs en-US --common_content=$WORKSPACE/Common_Content)

Ah, thanks! That gets me a bit further:

Beginning work on en-US
Validation failed:
cloudstack.xml:6: validity error : Element book content does not follow
the DTD, expecting ((title , subtitle? , titleabbrev?)? , bookinfo? ,
(dedication | toc | lot | glossary | bibliography | preface | chapter |
reference | part | article | appendix | index | setindex | colophon)*),
got (bookinfo chapter chapter chapter chapter chapter chapter book
appendix )
Book_Info.xml:6: validity error : ID book-release-notes-3.0.4 already
defined

Line 6 on both files:

<!ENTITY % BOOK_ENTITIES SYSTEM "cloudstack.ent">
%BOOK_ENTITIES;
]>

The builds on Jenkins.cloudstack.org seem to have only some release
notes information?

And as the last question: What is the exact goal of the runbook? It will
have duplicate documentation as it seems. Do we continue with that? Or
was it intermediate?

And how do you build the runbook?

A lot of questions, I know!

Wido