From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Disk I/O polling
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:20:35 GMT

On 08/02/2012 08:45 PM, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
> True. Ideally performance (and other) monitoring should be an optional
> service (module) with its own API etc.
> Wido's proposal does not preclude that design (for the future), it seems
> to me.

No, I'm not talking about monitoring here, just reporting statistics of
an instance.

Just like we are accounting CPU and network usage.

It's not my intention to do performance monitoring and reporting, no
just per instance statistics.

Since most Hypervisors already gather this data it's just a matter of
collecting and storing.

Wido