From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: non-committer workflow
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 12:16:01 GMT
On 08/01/2012 04:50 AM, Alex Huang wrote:
>> So currently, there are three ways for a patch to be received:
>> 1. Email (see the workflow Wido proposed) 2. Reviewboard 3. Submitted
>> with a bug.
>>
>> Email and ReviewBoard are the most visible, and it seems most people are
>> using ReviewBoard rather than email.
>
> We should remove the email and submit with a bug options.

Are you sure? For larger patches I agree that e-mail isn't that easy,
but it seems to work with various other projects.

I personally like e-mail and 'hate' all kinds of various systems where I
have to log in with different credentials.

If somebody finds a typo or small bug, should they really go through all
the hoops for submitting a small patch?

Imho that shouldn't be necessary.

Wido