From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release plan update
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:26:20 GMT
On 17/08/2012, at 12:40 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:

> Stability and bugfix work: Now - Friday 31 August.
> First release candidate build: Friday 31 August.

This is just my $A0.02 as someone that cares a lot about release automation... take it for
what it is worth, since I'm not doing the work :)

Given release candidates are not distributed, official releases, would you consider an earlier
one that may have some known issues, but is ready enough to test that your release mechanism
works?

Having something concrete that says "this is what our release will look like, once the following
things are complete" that can start to be reviewed from an incubator release point of view
could parallelise something that often takes a bit of time going back and forth.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter