From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject 答复: [DISCUSS] VMware support was: Re: vijava - some additional thoughts
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:44:52 GMT

IMHO, for now, considering the schedule of ACS4.0, i vote for 'remove VMware support from
default build'
Replacing it with other libraries in such a short period introduces risks and large amount
of test effort.

I'm not very familiar with vijava but in the long run I think we should use something like
that and get rid of vmware's non-redistributable jar.

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: 2012-8-9 (星期四) 19:01
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] VMware support was: Re: vijava - some additional thoughts

Hi folks, I wanted to circle back on this and see if we can get to
consensus on what we want to do about VMware support, as the current
status isn't tenable for a release.

At present it looks like our options are:

* Remove VMware support from the default build and provide
instructions for acquiring the SDK and manually compiling VMware
support. (as a side note, I am guessing that we won't be able to ship
this in the default build)

* Ask blessing to do something like wsdl2java and ditch the vmware SDK
completely.

* Move to using vijava.

Are there other options?
Thoughts, comments, concerns, flames?