From "Darren Shepherd" <dar...@godaddy.com>
Subject maven: will I be shot for using systemPath?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 02:02:49 GMT
I'm going to submit more maven/waf/ant stuff.  One of the things right
now is that we have non-redistributable jar's in git (and I also put
them in my custom maven repo, probably shouldn't have done that).  I
need to get rid of those and make building those components optional.

So I am currently using systemPath (ie
<systemPath>${basedir}/../../../deps/cloud-iControl.jar</systemPath>) to
point to those jar files assuming that if one wants to build the non-oss
module, then they will download the files them self and put them in the
expected place.

I know systemPath is frowned upon, but it seemed to me that since these
jars can't legally be put in a repo (unless the vendor does it), it
seemed okay?  Thoughts?

Darren