From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: DOCS: problems with using entities
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 02:11:33 GMT
On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 01:47:25AM +0100, Ewan Mellor wrote:
> Looking at the Publican docs, symlinking a Doc_name.ent to cloudstack.ent
> (or something like that) seems like the only sensible option open to us.
> The Publican docs have a long rant about how what we are doing is evil,
> but I don't see any alternative.

So, I see the point given against using entities for something like a
product / project name, but... it seems to me that if we have a
situation where "Apache CloudStack" or "CloudStack" could be translated
to a language that has several forms, the clued-in translator could be
given leeway to change &PRODUCT; to whatever the proper form of
CloudStack would be.

For languages where CloudStack would be perfectly acceptable, then
&PRODUCT; could be left as-is.

That is, of course, if we are OK with CloudStack being translated at
all. I'd love to know how other Apache projects handle this particular
situation.

--
Joe Brockmeier
http://dissociatedpress.net/