From Arve Paalsrud <Arve.Paals...@bayonette.no>
Subject RE: CloudStack 4.0 release plan
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 08:31:23 GMT
If someone updates the original message.properties to the latest version, we'll do a UI translation
for Norwegian (no chance for the docs at this time though).

-Arve

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Mice Xia <mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com> wrote:
> I can translate simplified Chinese resources.
> Before that I want to know the scope of this task, do ' internationalization' mean i18n
(extracting messages to resource files, etc), or L10n (translation resources files to other
languages), or both of them?

This is l10n
So there are (at present) two real venues that need l10n. The first is the UI itself (though
you'll notice ZH_cn is at 100%, but I haven't updated the original messages.properties in
about two months.) https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/CloudStack_UI/resource/30xmessagesproperties/

We can also do l10n on docs. The "main" docs are currently in XML, and we can easily generate
.pot files, but sadly I expect much to change in them. The Runbook exists for v3.0.2 and uses
the same system, and it could use some attention if you want to look at it, as I don't expect
nearly as much change there. (though there still will be some.) https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ACS-Runbook/

--David