From "Kelcey Damage \(BBITS\)" <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject RE: [VOTE][RESULT] set up planet.cloudstack.org with ASF infrastructure
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:13:53 GMT
VICTORY!

KELCEY DAMAGE
Infrastructure Systems Architect
www.backbonetechnology.com
kelcey@bbits.ca

address: 55 East 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1M4
tel: +1 604 713 8560 ext:114
fax: +1 604 605 0964
skype: kelcey.damage

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kinsella [mailto:jlk@stratosec.co]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:00 AM
To: <cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE][RESULT] set up planet.cloudstack.org with ASF infrastructure

On Aug 17, 2012, at 11:55 AM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
> Greetings. As part of our goal to bring up a blog aggregator for the CloudStack community,
I propose that we ask ASF infrastructure to provision for the CloudStack community a virtual
machine which will be used to run blog aggregation software (probably Venus).

> As we want to provide aggregation of voices beyond just committers, but also non-committing
developers and general CloudStack users, we will not be able to use the planet.apache.org
domain, but instead use planet.cloudstack.org. This will mitigate any issue of non-committers
posting content on an apache.org website.

This VOTE passes, with 7 +1 votes.

Thanks for voting!

Next steps are…
* I will create a JIRA request to infra to create the new VM
* Once we have the VM, I'll get the planet software running on there. Once that's up and tested,
I'll send out a note on dev- and users- asking for feeds (where else?)
* Along the way we'll figure out a process to manage the system going forward.

John