From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ASFCS40] Branching for 4.0?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 02:59:37 GMT
On Aug 13, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

>> Alex - What sort of merge schedule do you think you'll aim for?
>> Daily?  Ongoing through the workday?  What sort of indication do you want
>> when we know something should go into 4.0?
>
> I'm new to this so I'm open to suggestions.  I'll start with daily because it's easier
for me to do this at a set time every day.  I would suggest everyone to use the same tag as
the mailing list, [ASFCS40], in their checkin as a special notification to me that it must
be added to 4.0 branch.  In addition, it seems to me Ewan is suggesting that everyone should
be careful with checkin to master which means we might reject patches that is not needed by
4.0 and I'll just work on pulling everything from master.  Let me know if that's not right.

> --Alex

We're all new at this... ;)

I think your approach makes sense.

-chip