From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: AutoScale feature....
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:26:31 GMT

On 7/3/12 11:11 AM, "Youcef Laribi" <Youcef.Laribi@eu.citrix.com> wrote:
>>>[snip]
>>
>>It is not necessary for an LB to implement the auto scaling. Any other
>>component can do the same. For example, a component can monitor via
>>hypervisor stats, or volume IO stats. So in >this sense it is not
>>generic.
>
>It is not necessary for an LB to implement the auto scaling but NetScaler
>LB provides one and we want to allow CS admins who are using NetScaler to
>be able to take advantage of it. There is nothing here that prevents
>other components to take advantage of Counters, AutoScale policies, etc.
>if they wish to.
>
>Youcef

I don't think the point was about "preventing other components". It is
around enabling other implementations.
The question was - is there a generic framework with the Netscaler
implementation being one exemplar or instantiation of the framework.
If so, we would want the FS and API to be structured around the framework
first and detail how the Netscaler implementation realizes (extends /
implements/plugs in) to the framework.

Thanks
--
Chiradeep