From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Planet Cloudstack
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:07:03 GMT
Hi

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 02:14:18PM -0500, Kelcey Damage (BBITS) wrote:
> > Just moving this over to the dev list.
> >
> > We are building a blog aggregator, kindly hosted by jlkinsel.
>
> Possible goals for the aggregator:
>
> 1) allow CS developers to post about their CS work (e.g. pull specific
>    tagged RSS feeds)
>
> 2) allow CS users to post about their CS work (e.g. pull specific
>    tagged RSS feeds)
>
> 3) allow CS developers to post anything (not necessarily CS-related),
>    as a way to build community by knowing a little more about each
>    other.
>

> What do people want to see?  Personally, I'm OK with all three.  But
> our choice may affect where it's hosted and who runs it.
>
> Wherever possible I'd like to see CS use ASF Infrastructure
> (e.g. planet.apache.org/cloudstack).  That reinforces our commitment
> to being an Apache project.  I don't know how to go about getting
> access to such, but would be willing to learn.  I couldn't find
> examples of other Apache projects having their own aggregators, so we
> may be breaking new ground here with ASF Infrastructure.

We can have a blog for the project on which committers can add blog
entries, but I believe users won't be able to write to it

In that case a committer can add a blog entry to the user's one

For using our own blog aggregation I don't see a problem about it, and for
the trademarks issues we can just stick to it and that is all which are not
much IIRC.

Having our own Blog aggregation does not mean that we are not committed to
the community, but maybe what can be offered now does not provide us with
all what we need.

For sure we could check with the INFRA team 1st and see what can be done
about that and whether we can setup something using which we can give
access to users or not.

I can get in touch with them by tomorrow.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour