From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject [DISCUSS] Dropping NetApp Support
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:24:08 GMT
Hi folks,

As I noted in an earlier email, I've been playing with dependencies
this evening.

one of those dependencies is manageontap.jar, which is part of the NM
SDK from NetApp. Sadly I can't get to the license terms for this
particular library as it's behind a paywall. This leads me to believe
that it's not open source, though perhaps it has a freely
redistributable license. Who knows.

Now that Murali and Alex and others have done lots of work to get
things pretty modular, it's pretty easy to remove this from the
default build, so I propose we drop the jar (no real choice about
that), make this a non-default build path, and perhaps include
instructions on how to download the jar (though someone else would
have to do that) and build the plugin if needed.

If I don't hear any backlash, I'll make this part of my ant dependency
download target.

--David.