From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject [DISCUSS] The CloudStack Brand
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 02:41:52 GMT
Hi folks:

So one of the things that PMCs are charged with is maintaining the
brand of a project[1][2], and while it's a responsibility of the PMC,
I brought the discussion here to enable some broader conversations and
to solicit input from folks in general.

This discussion is not about the mascot - but rather the name and
logo. (or in trademark terms, the wordmark, logo, logotype)

As a project we are provided tremendous flexibility in establishing
our brand - you'll even note some projects have completely changed
their name (Cordova nee CallBack, nee Phonegap). In this email I am
not going to share my opinion (I'll follow up with that in a bit), but
rather want to call for participation on this topic. Please weigh in.

--David

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#brand-policy
[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/responsibility