From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] systemvms
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:24:22 GMT
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Kevin Kluge <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com> wrote:
> I had mentioned this concern (licensing and system VM presence) in the earliest Apache
discussions, and I included it in the CloudStack project proposal at [1].  I had been told
that it was a non-issue.  That is, as long as the code in our repo is of allowed license this
dependency is fine, and it won't block our first Apache release.  There are some other interesting
ideas later in this thread, but they seem lower priority to me than the other issues on the
deps page [2].

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CloudStackProposal
> [2] http://confluence.cloudstack.org/display/dev/Moving+dependencies+to+ASF+approved+licenses

Are you saying that you think that Apache CloudStack can provide
Debian-based systemVMs as part of a release (or in any other manner)?
If so, I am missing something.  And I would love for this to not be
the case, I just don't see how we can ship a big blob of GPL software
given the guidelines that we are expected to follow.

The only conversation I see on it from the proposal period is [1], am
I missing a thread somewhere?

--David

[1]  http://s.apache.org/v3