From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.0 release plan
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:55:51 GMT
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:39 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> 3. Continue on the license audit path. This is really two fold:
>   * Search for files that need ASF license headers.
>   * Verify that there are no prohibited licenses.
>   * Define the pieces of software that require attribution in Notice file.
> 4. Get the License and Notice files in good order.
> 5. Run RAT[1] against the source tree.

I'll start figuring out how to use RAT.  In my first attempt, it was
fairly easy.  Based on the results, I'll start modifying headers that
it thinks are wrong.

For now, I'll use github gists as a place to publish the results.
Whenever you happen to get something basic going with Jenkins, let me
know.  We should probably make the reports a standard build artifact
(for constant review).

Hopefully that can free others up on the (harder) work around binary
and source issues.

-chip