From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Development with multiple devclouds
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:50:32 GMT

The last method(NAT + one host-only adapter) should work:

> @Edison: On the wiki page, you mention not to reinitialize the NAT. Is
> the NAT's mac and dom0/xen's IP values tightly coupled with the present
> devcloud image?

If the MAC address is changed, then the default eth0 will be disabled, as there is a udev
rule
In devcloud, which binds eth0 on a specific MAC address. I will remove the rule in the next
devcloud release.
FYI, the rule is in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, you can remove it by yourself,
then restart devcloud,
Eth0 will be enabled again.

> How can I run run multiple devclouds/vms on VBox such that only one is
> used for management/storage/xen and the others are just used as xen
> hosts (as within a cluster the hypervisors hosts should be homogenous,
> using the same devcloud vm should be fine).
>
> To solve this problem, now I've two separate Citrix XenServer vms on
> VBox and trying to setup a management server/nfs-storage running on a
> third Ubuntu desktop VM on VBox.
> Comment/suggestions on this issue and my approach now?

The following combination should work:
1. one devcloud VM has one NAT nic + one host-only nic
2. another one devcloud VM has one host-only nic, which uses the same host-only network as
above devcloud.

The first devcloud VM acts as both mgt server and xen host, the second one just as a xen host.

The changes need to make in both VMs:
In first devcloud VM, put xenbr0 on eth1(I assume it's the host-only network), instead of
eth0.