From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dependencies on prohibited license components
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 00:07:10 GMT
On 03/07/2012, at 8:15 AM, David Nalley wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Murali Reddy <Murali.Reddy@citrix.com> wrote:
>> On 02/07/12 9:58 AM, "David Nalley" <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>>

>>> For instance, we removed jnetpcap altogether as we weren't using it;
>>> do we continue with a dependency on the VMware SDK or do we instead
>>> rip it out and replace it entirely with something else? Is Paramiko
>>> really used or not?
>>>
>>> --David
>>>

>> I can speak for Vmware. Its the Vmware SDK that CloudStack integrates
>> with. There is no alternatives to replace with.
>>

> vijava isn't an option?
> http://vijava.sourceforge.net
>
> I know, I have asked this a dozen times :)

That's probably valuable to discuss from a technical end, but it'd be worth figuring out if
there's an issue with the current situation too. AFAICT, the VI SDK is a WSDL and some redistributable
Java code that was generated with Apache Axis. Is that right?

VMWare and KVM are obvious system dependencies of both integrations, so it seems reasonable
to treat them that way, and then figure out how best to enable that feature optionally in
the source code release.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter