From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Network element's access to CS mgmt server....?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:34:44 GMT
> 	Network Element could be a NetScaler virtual appliance, which is a
> VM. The question is will this element always be able to make CS API calls
> without opening up ports/setting up NAT?

I see.  I was thinking out-dated (hardware) and you're thinking cloud (vpx).  :)

You need to start the vpx with a nic in the management network.  In CloudStack code, SSVM
(Secondary Storage Virtual Machine) and CPVM (Console Proxy Virtual Machine) both have examples
of this.  They both have agents that connect back to CS Management server over the management
network.

That code is in SecondaryStorageManagerImpl.java and ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java.

--Alex