From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Review Request: CS-15609 Volumes can be created as a part of VM creation when un-allocated space is insufficient on primary storage
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:44:29 GMT
How about put it in storagemanagerimpl? It's the place you can put all the storage related
query or operation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 24, 2012, at 10:48 PM, "Mice Xia" <mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com> wrote:

> Making a public static method requires a lot of the fields in it to be static, I'm not
sure if it has some side-effect..
> Is it OK to extract the related logic into another private method in the planner?
>
> Regards
> Mice

creation when un-allocated space is insufficient on primary storage

> Yes, exactly. I don't want mess planner with storage allocator. The planner itself is
already complicated enough. How do you think?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 24, 2012, at 6:18 PM, "Mice Xia" <mice_xia@tcloudcomputing.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Edison,
>>
>> Do you mean I should add a new static public method (storagepoolhasenoughspace) in
AbstractStoragePoolAllocator, and call it to check against storage space in findSuitablePoolsForVolumes
after the for loop?