From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: new committer: John Kinsella
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:54:03 GMT
Wanted to send out a quick intro for those who don't know me, was slammed earlier in the week...

I'm based in San Francisco, and have about 15 years of solid experience with Internet infrastructure
and information security, holding positions from senior engineer to CTO at various places.
I've spent the last few years consulting with major corporations around information security,
usually focusing on application security or cloud security. I'm a co-founder and board member
of the Silicon Valley chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance.

My interest in CloudStack is focused around a startup I'm the founder of - Stratosec. We're
building a Infrastructure as a Service offering that has security baked in - OS images are
hardened to NSA standards, there's multiple levels of intrusion detection systems, centralized
log management with analytics, automated patch management, etc. Basically all the things that
an enterprise needs to re-invent when they go with one of the big IaaS names, we're doing
right and offering from a single vendor with one invoice.

We started using another cloud platform that's fallen out of favor with me, and CloudStack
had gone open source since the last time I looked (and I'm just not impressed by the other
open-source cloud product). My main interest is around adding functionality that will help
the life of an admin using CS, and also to make sure that CS is a secure solution for people
to use.

John