From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Dropping NetApp Support
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:45:47 GMT
Hey David,

This the part from the SLA regarding distribution of the netapp SDK:
-- snip --
No distribution or redistribution rights are granted by this license, except as specified
in this paragraph.  Notwithstanding the terms of this Agreement to the contrary, certain of
the components of the Product may be redistributed by you to the extent required for the permitted
operation of the derivative work created by you while using the Software hereunder. The specific
components permitted for redistribution are limited to those which are compiled as part of
the derivative work and distributed by you only in conjunction with or embedded with your
product and not as a stand-alone product of the redistributed components. Other components
such as printed materials, code samples, SNMP MIB files and "online" or electronic documentation,
accompanying the particular embodiment of the Software may not be distributed or redistributed.
-- end snip --

If I read this correctly (mind you I'm no lawyer) this means that we can't redistribute the
compiled jars unless we (meaning the ASF) are granted the use of the Manage ONTAP SDK. If
we were granted that use we could distribute the jar.

As far as I know the manage ontap SDK is available to everyone with a valid NetApp support
contract, so interested parties with a NetApp contract could be pointed to the correct spot
on the netapp support site should they wish to use the CloudStack netapp plugin.

Cheers,

Hugo