From Hugo Trippaers <HTrippa...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject unique key and removed field
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:00:03 GMT
Hey guys,

While running some test scripts I noticed that the table 'physical_network_service_providers'
has a unique key on the combination of physical_network_id and provider_name, this is potentially
a problem when we also use the removed field to indicate a device is removed.

In my case I added a new device, deleted it and immediately added a new device using the same
provider. This resulted in a database exception because of a unique key violation. I think
this is a bug, we should either immediately remove the device or remove the unique constraint
and take care of this in the code using the removed field.

Any opinions on this?

Cheers,

Hugo