From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [6/11] AutoScale changes in Apache master
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:03:46 GMT
Hi David,

This commit was based on addition of a new feature called AutoScale on which few guys from
 Bangalore have been working on , including me . Since this feature was supposed to be pushed
in today , so we had to create a new branch asf/autoscale ( pulled out  of 3.0.x - citrix
private branch ) and push the changes there. This was as per Alena's request that I should
proceed by pushing the changes for the Autoscale feature (since I am the only committer here
in Bangalore)  by creating a new branch on apache and the author( Vijay) would send out an
email on the cloudstack dev list , mentioning about the Autoscale feature. We'll be merging
some more changes very soon.

@Vijay - could you please elaborate on the Autoscale feature ?

Thanks & Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 7:08 PM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [6/11] AutoScale changes in Apache master

Pranav:

A couple of issues:

The commit contained an author statement, this is generally bad form, and unmaintainable.
Moreover, the git log should show who the author is. (and I just saw a commit fixing that,
thanks for taking care of
it.)

But this also suggests that the author isn't you, and I don't recall having seen this come
through as a patch request. We have a processes for getting code into CloudStack and none
of them involve a non-transparent back channel. This does a disservice to the original author
(people aren't seeing patches from him, which impedes his path to becoming a committer) as
well as casting doubts over the provenance of the code. All three of the commits appear to
have authors that aren't you, did this code come in as a patch to the mailing list, reviews.a.o,
or the bug tracker?

--David