From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject Problem while submitting a patch for code changes in CSS files and messages.properties using review board tool
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:21:36 GMT
Hi all ,

I had an issue while creating a review request for the patch I tried to upload , while I made
some changes to CSS files and messages.properties file. I work on my private branch and then
generate a patch using  "gitg "and then apply it to the apache 3.0.x branch (git am <patch
name>) . Finally when I tried to upload the diff on the review board tool (https://reviews.apache.org)
, I encountered this error -

The file 'client/WEB-INF/classes/resources/messages.properties' (r5dbd1d6) could not be found
in the repository

.I have been submitting all my patches in the similar way in the recent past , and it has
been working absolutely fine. But there seems to be some problem with these files. Could there
be any problems with the permissions associated with this particular file or it seems be some
server-side issue with the git repository. Has anybody else encountered such an error before
? These are the permission settings for me for the following files -

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 214026 2012-07-04 16:13 ui/css/cloudstack3.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 76803 2012-07-02 16:07 messages.properties

Suggestions please ?

Thanks & Regards,
Pranav