From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: new committer: Hugo Trippaers
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:43:28 GMT

On 07/26/2012 11:42 AM, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Thanks David!
>
> A bit of an introduction; I'm living in the Netherlands in a place called Houten. I've
been working in IT for more than two decades. I started my career at a small development firm,
but switched to an ISP startup soon after. As one of the few technical people in that company
my job was to build the ISP. Everything from managing the modems to setting up the mail servers.
At that time i also got involved with OpenSource and decided to participate when possible.

Another dutch guy working in the ISP business! ;)

> Nowadays i work for a Mission Critical Outsourcing company where we rely heavily on OpenSource
software and we actively encourage our people to contribute to OpenSource projects.

> Recently i got involved with CloudStack as we are building a cloud offering. When we
also started working with Nicira we wanted integration between CloudStack and Nicira Nvp.
I took the challenge of building support for Nicira Nvp into CloudStack. While working on
this i managed to track down several bugs and before i realized what was happening i was invited
to become a committer.

Seems like the same story. We wanted RBD support in CloudStack, so I
decided to write it myself. Before I knew it I was a committer.

Maybe we should set up a dutch CloudStack dev/users day in Amsterdam
some day?

Welcome to the club!

Wido

> For now my main focus will be to further the integration with Nicira Nvp solutions and
making sure it is supported with as much hypervisors as possible. I'm working closely with
the nice folks at Nicira to make this happen. Bug finding and testing is my second focus :-)

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

Trippaers to become a committer and we are pleased to announce that they have accepted.

> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is no need to
go via the patch submission process. This should enable better productivity.