From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Licensing: libvirt-java (from RBD thread)
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:21:08 GMT

On 07/19/2012 07:39 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:

> On 07/06/2012 06:06 PM, David Nalley wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
>> wrote:
>>> Since the RBD thread was spinning out of control I figured it would
>>> be best
>>> to start a new thread:
>>>
>>> "Wido: perhaps you could produce some packages for testing? at least
>>> .debs?
>>>

> I just sent a patch[0] out to the libvirt mailinglist.

I haven't heard back from this (yet).

I did however push the libvirt-0.4.8.jar bindings into the master repo
with commit a1d53f288b56d2852b698b9ee49488fed6b5d231

The 0.4.5 jar in the repo was something we did not want at all. It
contained homebrew code which should have gone upstream, but never did.

In the last few weeks I got all this code upstream towards libvirt and
that eventually resulted in 0.4.8

The 0.4.8 bindings in the repo now are build from the libvirt-java
source code and do not contain our own code.

It is still a release blocker, but right now we have less-dirty code in
the repository.

Wido