From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Building Management Server URL
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:03:58 GMT
Hi,

On 18-07-12 14:32, Vijay Venkatachalam wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Is there way to programmatically build the Management Server's API URL from inside the
code? I am intending to pass this to a network element, which will do API call back to the
Management Server.

> 	Currently,
> 		I am getting the IP from "configDao.getValue(Config.ManagementHostIPAdr.key());"
> 		Hardwiring Port to 8080
> 		Hardwiring URI to /client/api
> 		Result: https://<ms_ip>:8080/client/api
>
> 	Is there a better way? Is there anything special that has to be done for cluster deployments?
>
> 	Also, are there any other issues, will this require a NAT of some kind to reach the
Management Server? Or Is there a firewall config that has to be done? Or will the management
server be multi-homed with many nics with one ip per nic? Can we figure this out programmatically
before sending the URL to the network element.

Doing TCP connections back to yourself is something you should prevent
at all times. How are you going to do this with the login credentials?

I'm missing the point why you should do a callback to itself?

Wido