From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Licensing: libvirt-java (from RBD thread)
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:08:07 GMT
Since the RBD thread was spinning out of control I figured it would be
best to start a new thread:

"Wido: perhaps you could produce some packages for testing? at least .debs?

--David"

I've been doing that today. I can now generate a libvirt-java debian
package which should work on Debian and Ubuntu. I'll test it further and
sent patches to libvirt so they can add it to the libvirt-java repo.

We we could provide a deb, libvirt already provides an RPM and let the
cloud-agent depend on it?

That way we'll never ship the JAR inside the cloud-agent package and we
can simply but it online.

For Debian/Ubuntu I'm still voting for a APT repository where people can
download/install the CloudStack packages from. When they install
'cloud-agent' they will simply also download libvirt-java from that same
repository.

I can than try to get the Deb into Debian and Ubuntu and David, you
might get it into Fedora?

Would this work?

Wido