From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] systemvms
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 07:12:22 GMT
Build a systemvm is pretty easy: just run patches/systemvm/debian/build systemvm.sh on a Ubuntu
machine

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2012, at 7:05 AM, "yueluck" <yueluck@163.com> wrote:

> when users can get the documents about  how to build systemVM step by step?
>

> At 2012-07-10 01:23:22,"Kevin Kluge" <Kevin.Kluge@citrix.com> wrote:
>>> Are you saying that you think that Apache CloudStack can provide Debian-
>>> based systemVMs as part of a release (or in any other manner)?
>>> If so, I am missing something.  And I would love for this to not be the case,
>>> just don't see how we can ship a big blob of GPL software given the
>>> guidelines that we are expected to follow.
>>>

>> We need to be careful with defining "ship".  Clearly we aren't releasing GPL-licensed
software.  The system template isn't a binary dep in the same sense as the other deps we are
changing or removing to comply with ASF release criteria.  This may limit where we could host
a built system VM template, but even with some limitations we shouldn't let that block an
ACS release.   If you have continued concerns about this we should surface them quickly as
this would be a big addition to the ACS release scope (at least from what I was expecting).
 Ideally we would be able to have a discussion with whoever will ultimately decide if this
is allowed.

>>> The only conversation I see on it from the proposal period is [1], am I missing
>>> a thread somewhere?
>>
>> These conversations occurred when I was working to understand what challenges would
exist if there were an "Apache CloudStack" project, prior to a project submission.  That discussion
wasn't public.